Local Issues

In the Fall of 2004, the Allegany Co. Commissioners removed the Ten Commandments monument which was placed in 1954 from in front of the Allegany Co. circuit courthouse located on Washington St. in Cumberland, MD. The CHCO, Preservation Society of Allegany County, and several church groups held several protest rallies at the courthouse to demand the monument back. Within a week, the monument was replaced and stands to this day.